Location: Coleman, TX
Type of Employment: Full-time
This is a full-time position that is Monday-Friday 7:30am - 5:00pm and will rotate working Saturday mornings from 7:30am - Noon. Since this position is full-time, there is a benefit package available that can be discussed during the interview, to include: Health/Dental insurance options, 401k plan, 6 paid holidays, PTO (Paid Time Off), company paid ADD (life) insurance, uniform plan, and potential for a safety bonus.
The Service Writer will work under the direct supervision of the Service Manager. Due to the nature of the job duties, it is highly desirable that this position be filled by someone with mechanical background (preferred but not mandatory). Major duties to include:
1. Intake of non-functioning equipment from customers, assigning the job to a technician for repairs, getting estimates and quotes to the customer for work approval, notifying customers that equipment is ready, collecting payment, and assisting in loading and unloading of equipment.
2. Take the lead in checking-in new equipment that is delivered from shipping companies to verify quantity and inspect for shipping damage.
3. Assign new product assembly assignments and maintain work flow to the set-up technicians at the store.
5. Take the lead in submitting warranty information as needed to QIC warranty personnel for submittal.
6. Assist the Service Manager as needed in maintaining the orderly function of the entire shop as needed.
7. Contact customer as needed to inform them of any product recalls and schedule resolution of those warranty items.
8. As with all QIC employees, greet customers as they enter and help get them to the appropriate personnel/area so that they can be assisted with their needs. This person will also be the primary phone contact for the Service Department.
9. Other duties as assigned by the Service Manager or Store Manager.
In summary, this position works under the direct supervision and in close coordination with the Service Manager, but will be given room to work independently and assist in running a portion of the shop and coordinating the work that comes through.