Location: Abilene, TX
Type of Employment: Full-time
Quality Implement Co. is looking for a Full-Time CDL-A Truck Driver for it's Abilene, TX dealership. Candidates should live in or near the Abilene, TX location.
This position will primarily drive 2 different trucks depending on the load size. Either a semi-truck with flatbed trailer or a 1-ton pickup with 40ft gooseneck flatbed trailer. Loads are delivery of new agriculture equipment to owners property OR pick-up/delivery of non-functioning equipment from owners property to our repair facility.
Preferred candidates will have experience:
- Loading and unloading agriculture equipment such as tractors and cotton strippers
- Experience pulling items such as plows and hay balers
- Securing equipment with proper chains/booms
- Knowledge of oversize loads, height and weight restrictions, and when escort trucks should be utilized
- General mechanical knowledge of trucks/trailers to do basic daily inspections
- Knowledge of loading equipment that are non-functioning and engines are not working
This is primarily a Monday-Friday position. Rare occasions may be needed on a Saturday. Overnight trips are extremely rare. Work hours are generally between the hours of 7:00am and 5:00pm. Eligible for overtime after 40 hours if needed. Majority of trips are day trips within 200 mile radius. Electronic logs are provided by company.
Payroll is every two weeks. Benefit package (after waiting period) include paid health/dental insurance options for the employee, 401k with matching funds up to 4%, 6 paid holiday, Paid Time Off (PTO) plan, paid uniforms, paid ADD (life) insurance, potential for yearly safety bonus.
Class A CDL license and current medical card are MANDATORY. Pre-employment drug screen will be taken. All DOT drivers are part of a random drug/alcohol screening process through the company.